Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thanks Donna. I live in Illinois, mom is in Tennessee. My little sis is in Alabama but only 45 minutes from mom. It's so hard for Jim and I because we're so far away. She'll most likely come up here to live and I am Ok with that as long as these things get taken care of. I'm going to try and call her neuro and see if he'll call me back. Mom sees him on the 21st I think.

Mom is capable of taking care of herself and wouldn't be hard on me as far as caring for my husband. It's the emotional stuff that's going to be hard. She's the mom so it's very hard for her to let go of that control. It's also hard on us because we're not sure where the line is drawn in what we should help with and what we should back away from. I am sure there are times she feels we think she is incapable of doing things.

I've learned so much from all my ms friends here about how to step back and not take over everything so maybe I need to try and do that with mom too. It's just so hard when she gets angry and lashes out to not defend ourselves because she doesn't see her wrong at all. Her doctors say it's all from the surgery. In my opinion if that is true, they need to intervene more and find out what's going on. They have checked for stroke and more brain tumors but the tests have come out clean. I am convinced she needs to see a neuropsychologist.

I'll update after I talk to her doctor. She's going to kill me if she finds out I called her doctor. lol Shhhhhhhhh.

Update: Just talked to mom and had a good conversation with her. She promised she would bring up our concerns at the doctor's appointment and is open to seeing a neuropsychologist. Let's just hope she's not just pacifying me.

Last edited by SandyC; 10-08-2009 at 12:33 PM.
SandyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote