View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 01:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I found for myself, that high dose borage/primrose oil increased my GI movements.

I thought you were taking fish oil? I'd drop that combo oil and get the plain fish one.

There is one poster on PN who claimed that r-lipoic acid upset her stomach. (it did nothing like that for me).

So you can try to avoid that one and see if you get improvement.

Basically you can drop all supplements for 2 weeks, and slowly add one back in at a time to see which one is the culprit.

I don't understand why you have a combo carnitine product while you are taking r-lipoic...that seems like a duplication to me.

You should be using a B12 supplement. Gluten problems cause inflammation of the GI tract anyway. There could be several malabsorption issues affecting you.
You could not be absorbing B complex properly. Without good levels of B6 you cannot metabolize the oils, or make stomach acid.

I think once you go gluten free, you will feel better all around.
The chronic gluten issues can be very draining.

What is wrong with the combo oil?

Here's what's in it BTW
Quote:
Fish oil 800mg
Flax oil 800mg
Blend primrose black currant oil and borage 400mg

(Omaga 3) 913mg's
ALA 473mg
EPA 264
DHA 176MG

(Omega 6) 433 mg's
GLA 213

(Omeaga 9) 213 mg's

Contains 440 mg of EPA and DHA.
I'm thinking it's the R-lipoic but I'm going to do the drop all for 2 weeks and add one back in at a time I guess.

I'm taking the combo carnitine product while I'm taking r-lipoic because the bottle of combo at walmart is much cheaper then anything I can order on the web so if it's not hurting that's what I'd like to do.

I'm taking 5mg of b-12. The ones I posted about are my suspects to my stomach issue.

Here's the rest of what I take. Maybe one of them is the culpret.

Benfotiamine 150mg a day. Was on double that for 2 weeks
Magnesium 200mg a day
B12 5mg a day
E400iu a day
Folic acid 1000mcg
D-3 4000iu a day