View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 03:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Now that I think of it, I have been on it for 3+ months and it's still working for me. I haven't even thought of increasing it. The times I've tried not taking it, I just went back to not being able to sleep, which was the same as before I started taking it, but no apparent withdrawal symptoms.

So far the two side effects I've noticed are dry mouth and crankiness in the afternoon. But the latter hasn't caused me too much trouble since I've recognized it and know that if I'm ready to bite someone's head off, I have to tell myself "Joan, it's not them, it's you, so be nice, shut your pie hole and just smile!" That seems to work out OK. (Then again, I guess that's pretty good advice for everyone most of the time.)

And I just don't know what to believe and what not to when it comes to web reviews. Here's something that indicates that it seems to work long-term: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/47098.php. But for all I know, medicalnewstoday.com is a mouthpiece for some invested interest. Sanofi-aventis is the manufacturer, but if it says who exactly conducted the study, I can't find it.

All that being said, it does sound like it sure was big trouble for your brother! I appreciate your feedback and certainly will take it under advisement.
JoanB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote