View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 01:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Wittesea - thanks so much for your quick reply

Hello Wittesea,
You are so kind to reply to my post. I am in pain 24/7 from FM and RSD throughout my body and NO pain meds hav worked in the past 5 years. Actually I have had this since 1984 and no pain meds have really worked earlier either. However, the pain is more excruciating and widespread than it was in the earlier years.
Meds for sleep are so hard for me because of my metabolizing problem. I metabolize NO pain meds and quickly build of a tolerance to sleep meds.
I have numerous sleep meds but they must keep increasing the dose and then in a short time they no longer work. I started on 0.25 xanex and now am up to 6 mg. I can't go any higher - I know that. Already that is a whopping dose all at once.
You are correct about the trazadone. I should check with the Dr. I just hate to keep calling him. I thought would just try this again. Also, you are correct - now I remember - anti - depr. take a while to kick in - but not sleep meds.
I do have seroquel - but I use it sparingly because it really helps when I am desperate and also I build up a tolerance to it very easily.
Thanks for the info.
I will check with the Dr. In the meantime - I'll use the seroquel which the Dr. prescribed to be used with the xanex as needed.
Klonopin gave me restless leg syndrome and also didn't help much with sleep.
You are a very kind and helpful person.
Thank you
Sydney
Sydney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote