View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

The new system is vague...they don't want to reveal their patent IMO.

One of the links shows how their additive enables large molecules to cross membranes in the GI tract.
Up until now, if you have no intrinsic factor working, high dose B12 is only passively absorbed in the intestine. This is why high doses are needed, to push a little bit (less than 10%) into the blood stream. This is why empty stomach is important now with the oral as it exists today.

It appears this technology is going to be applied to insulin and other large molecules that cannot be given orally at this time due to stomach acid and poor absorption.

It appears that the B12 is the first application for this. I guess it will generate some income to support the research for the other uses.

I just hope it is not priced so high as to be out of many peoples' reach. And I couldn't find what type of B12 they are doing either.
I hope it is methylB12.

I think those questions will resolve soon, as it will be out soon.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (10-09-2009)