View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 11:02 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I agree with Karen and Sherrie.

I remember so long ago telling Dr Schwartzman (as an original test dumby), that the pain seems to flare especially when the barometer is actually falling. A nice, high barometer doesn't guarantee that you'll feel good, though. Although, in general it's a good thing. This is why often, we can hurt Before it starts raining, and start to feel better before it's done, because the barometer is beginning to rise.

Same with temperature, by the middle of the winter, I can get fairly accustomed, but, for say the past month, I've been having a heck of a time getting comfy.

Another thing that's good to watch, is the humidity, inside the house. If it gets too dry, the air will "draw" moisture from your skin, which in effect, is like perspiration. You'll get a chill, and trigger the nerves. If you have control, try to keep the humidity around 45-55% relative.

If it's too dry, and you don't have a humidifier, do things like put a couple of inches of water in the tub, let the steam from the shower get out into the house, etc. Plants give out some moisture, too.

You can buy a humidity gauge for not too much. If you have "forced air" heat, the dryness will be more of a problem, but you can have a humidifier installed. (They need to be serviced regularly).

Sorry for writing so much, I was in the "Comfort business".
Any questions, let me know!

Captain Comfort

p
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyS (10-18-2009)