Thread: Question...VEP
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 03:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Just came across my report! Just guessing on what I remember about the test, I'm guessing that you had problems keeping your left eye stable, so it had to keep repeating the test? Do you have eye problems? I had problems with lateral (side to side) gaze and controlling eye movement. My results:

"Abnormal visual evoked response bilaterally. Typically a bifid wave pattern changes in reference suggest the possibility of a hemifield defect. Hemifield stimulation might provide better delineation of the abnormality" (Huh, never was done)
"Findings: on left eye stimulation reliable waveforms are identified for waves N75 and N145, however P100 is demonstrated only as a bifid waveform at both check sizes. On right eye stimulation reliable waveforms are identified for waves N75 and N145 and again P100 is also identified as a bifid waveform consistently in spite of changing references and at both check sizes."

Whatever that means.....! Hope you get better answers than I got. I had MRIs and MRAs up the wazoo, two LPs, and even a brainstem evoked response test, and this VER was the only test that was abnormal! Despite loss of balance (the nurses thought I was blind in the hospital because I had to hug walls to walk), urinary retention, swallowing difficulties, etc. etc. etc. Then the seizures (and even my EEGs continue to be normal). Only the VER was ever abnormal. Huh.
Footprints is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote