Thread: Night Sweats
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 01:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the post, MrsD, re. nightsweats...My mom gets them all the time...I have a blood glucose testing kit....I'll ask her to check her blood sugar at night to see if it's low...Thanks!

I always thought that nightsweats were a sign of the immune system trying to fight off infection...In January of '08, I got this horrid stomach infection and for about a month after that, had nightsweats regularly...I'd wake up soaking wet...That stomach flu incident is really when things started going downhill with me healthwise...I just felt sick all the time...Then I got another virus about 6-months later, and that was brutal! I had a fever of 104 for like 4-days and had to go to the hospital...I seriously worried that I was brain damaged...In fact, I think that I may have had meningitis...I figure the thymoma had a lot to do with it all...It was after this that I started noticing some very subtle problems with my tongue (mild slurring every once in a while, some subtle problems moving food around while eating) and difficulty sitting up straight because of chest weakness...Got some permanent bruising on my elbows from leaning on them for support all the time!

I think that nightsweats are an important sign that something's not working right...Keep following it, Rach!

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote