View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey

Hey Jennifer. My name is Melissa and I'm 20 years old. I was diagnosed with an inoperable fluid filled cyst at the base of my brain when I was 3 months old. The cyst was filling with fluid and preventing spinal fluid from escaping my head and causing hydrocephalus. A VP shunt was placed then with a revision at 7 months. I was wondering if you have a shunt and if so what type? I have had nine revisions total with big number ten coming in the next couple of weeks. I've developed pseudocysts in my stomach and the last 2 revisions have been due to them. My doctor is going to be moving the shunt from my stomach once he is sure the cyst I currently have isn't infected. It is going to be moved to the pleural cavity next to my lung. I was wondering if you had ever heard of this. Any info would be helpful! I'm so frustrated right now cause of missing so many semesters of college because of shunt issues. (this semester is the 4th I will be missing) Even just talking with anyone would be great! ~Melissa~
Melissa21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote