Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 06:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Testing/idiopathic/pain narcotics

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--what testing you went through, and if a specific cause for the neuropathy was found?
Testing. Hmmm. Blood tests -- a B12 deficiency was found, but nothing suggesting diabetes. Nerve conduction tests. Yes, differences were found, but nothing that pointed towards any one thing. Idiopathic is what I think they concluded. I've turned into quite a nutritionist -- well, at least much more healthy eating --- since I got married. Alcohol is less than 2 glasses of beer or wine a week. LOTS more exercise (walking as well as aqua aerobics).

One of the interesting things I've noted is the sensitivity to changes in the pain. If my pain is 3 or below, it never comes into my conscious thought. But if it goes 5 - 7 or 8 - 6, I know about it.

I didn't talk about my vicodin use. Depending on other variables, one or two nights a week; really dislike the side effects. I'll use it around 9 or 10 if my paid is 7 and climbing.

In my Kaiser pain management class read about the higher level pain meds -- percocet, methadone, etc. Maybe those aren't used with PN. Anyone here use those drugs?
rscowboy2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote