Thread: Thymectomy?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 10:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking Welcome Tysondouglass!

Hello and WELCOME to the BESt site on the net for MG!

You are going to love it here!

You are too young to really have to deal with this awful disease.......but it sounds like you have GREAT outlook!

Please do not over do it! I was up and around 9 days after my thymectomy and quite frankly did waaaay too much...after that it was kind of downhill. I truly believe that my overdoing it set my remission back.

I was sick like you. I got to the point that I was bed bound for a month and had 3 "crisis" situations until I was admitted to the ICU for 8 days. It was awful!

On the positive side, there is ALWAYS a chance for remission! Always keep that in mind!

Can't wait to hear from you!

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysondouglass View Post
Has anyone here had a thymectomy because of their MG? I just had one on the 30th of september, and am finding it really hard to not excersize, but im a very active person. I know I can walk, as the doctor said, but its not enough for me and was wondering if anyone had any tips for it.
Im 17, and otherwise very healthy, but my MG was controling my life, I had days when my lungs would shut down, i couldnt even make it up the stairs or to brush my teeth at night. My legs would not even lift up when i needed them to at points because they were so fatiuged. Anyone else out there with these symptoms?

Thanks