Thread: Thymectomy?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 11:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for the responses

Thanks guys for letting me know that there are alot of people out there who have had a thymectomy. It is super tough at any age getting this rough disease, its truly tragic for those who get it to any degree, yet more so when it affects many parts of your body.

I'll definetly not lift heavy objects, the most ive done is my computer, which isnt 5 lbs. But ill keep that in mind at all times, i dont want to end up back in the hospital.

Though i do have an appointment with my surgeon at UNC on Tuesday which im sort of excited about, getting a chest x ray and seeing how i am healing. I havent been in the clear about going to school yet, and he thinks yet another week. making it 4 weeks out of school. Though im dealing.

I still have an airpocket around my lungs, which the chest tube was supposed to take out, though it didnt. Allowing me not to breathe that well, but its getting better. I had a catheter put in to drain the air my 5th day in the hospital, though it didnt take it all out. But it should soon disperse.

I had my surgery the 30th of september, and all went well, except for that minor complication. UNC is truly a wonderful hospital.

The hardest thing for me is dealing with holding back and taking it easy. I love hanging out with my friends, everyday. I was the varsity soccer captain at my school, and still am, yet i cant play. Its been hard, but im sort of dealing.
Other than that, im doing great.

Thanks everyone for your support!
tysondouglass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote