Thread: ticked off
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 03:48 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default ticked off

Boy, is this gonna be a deviation from the norm here...

I'm PO'ed...

First off, Michigan lost. Again. Enough said.

Second... I work for the government. I'm a civil servant. You guys probably have figured this out because I obviously work for NASA. It's a cool job and I took it 3 years ago because we're beyond the necessity to make increasingly more money. It's good pay, but a step down from what I was making $ wise. Some times a fun job is more important than $$$. Plus, the 4 years I spent in the army goes to retirement. Plus - next year my wife will make more than me base pay. It's time that happens. It's been my burden for 22 years.

The reason for ranting - I get 4 weeks vacation a year. I have 18 days left this year of vacation and its "use or lose". I can only carry 6 weeks over a year, which I carried over last year. I have never lost vacation before, but it is apparent I'm going to lose some this year (re: previous post about shuttle).

Ok, I whined. This is pretty stupid. I'm whining because I work alot. On an MS board. Go figure. People - I'm very fortunate. My legs don't work right, but I can walk from the parking lot to the mission control power plant to the mission control center to my office and nobody knows. I can walk 3 miles in the utility tunnel system and nobody knows. I've had MS for 22 years. I'm very fortunate. I work on shuttle missions and nobody knows I have MS. Life is technically very very good.

Time to shut up. I'm still ticked off Michigan lost... Stupid team...

Tom
freeinhou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (10-11-2009), AZjanie (10-11-2009), braingonebad (10-11-2009), Dejibo (10-12-2009), hollym (10-12-2009), Jappy (10-12-2009), karousel (10-12-2009), NurseNancy (10-11-2009), Riverwild (10-11-2009), SallyC (10-11-2009)