View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 07:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I am so sorry about your loss of independence

Yes - I know what you are going through. I too am slowly losing my independence to both fibromyalgia and RSD. I used to water ski, run, etc. Now I am in so much pain throughout my body I can barely walk around the house. The Disease is spreading everywhere. There are very few places left - actually none where it can go. I can get to the car and used to be able to drive short distances. Now it has spread to my feet, ankles, knees and it is becoming more difficult to both walk and drive. The pain is very severe in my lower back as well. Oh - I also have meralgia paresthetica in both legs. Stings, burns, can't walk or sleep.
I am sorry you are having such a difficult time. I too have thought of buying a scooter but it would be too bumpy and painful for my back. Also, I have RSD in rt. hand and arm.
My best wishes to you. Others are thinking of you.
Oh-by the way - I have in Aus. many times. I just love that Sydney Harbor. Have friends all over Australia. Friends in Sydney, Qwirindi, Melbourne, Perth, etc. Aussies are the greatest people. I just love visiting,. Unfortunately I think my trips are over as the disease has progressed significantly since my last visit in 2005.
Sydney
Sydney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote