View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I had a fairly severe Transverse Myelitis (spinal lesion) attack 12 yrs before I allowed them to do a MRI, although I was warned that the TM attack "could be from MS". I preferred denial.

When I finally had the MRI, I only had 2 - 3 small brain lesions, and 2 large spinal one's. I was confirmed for MS even before the MRI though .... when I experienced my second clear-cut attack.

So, we can go along with only spinal lesions for a long time, just like we can have only brain lesions. Spinal lesions are probably more telltale for MS, actually, so having them makes the dx process easier.

From the symptoms you are describing, it is entirely possible that you have spinal cord damage of some sort. The symptoms "look" the same even if they are from trauma, ADEM, TM, MS, herniated discs, etc. ... the trick is to figure out:

1. Is there damage showing?
2. What might be the cause.

My sister was suspected as having MS (given her symptoms and my history), but in the end she was dx with syringmyelia, which is another spinal cord disease.

Yes, I would suggest that if he has confirmed the foot drop, and you are experiencing symptoms that might be due to a condition affecting your spinal cord, you should have your C and T spine MRI'd.

Cherie