Thread: Thymectomy?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 01:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Tyson

Welcome to the group!

I had a thymectomy on July 14th. It's definately good to hear that you're coping with the pain well- that's a very good sign! My surgeon told me not to do any heavy lifting for at least a couple of months, but maybe more depending on how I feel. He gave me an information pamphlet on activities that I could do. I'm pretty sure that swimming is safe after a couple of months, and as a matter of fact, I think that this activity would be great because it's low-impact and strengthens the upper body gently which I think might help with the pain. In terms of activities that mainly use the lower body, those should be okay, but with something where there's a lot of close contact (like soccer, football, etc.), you might want to be a bit careful for a bit. But you're young and it sounds like you were pretty active prior, so things should go much faster for you, which is great!

Recently, because summer was ending, we decided to take out the air conditioner. I took it out and didn't have any problems, although my mom was a bit worried. One thing I'd make sure of is that you're getting enough calcium and vitamin D to strengthen your bones so that when things do heal, they're nice and strong.

Good luck with everything!
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote