Thread: Rfa?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 08:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Janster!

I also forgot to mention that I have small fiber peripheral neuropathy as well. But I did want to say also that my disc are not all that bad; I have one that is bulging. It is the facets that are terribly arthritic. As I said above, my PM did 3 types of injections and the pain kept coming back. However, the facet block lasted the longest. I, too, am a little afraid of having the nerve lesioned because of the PN. I asked my Neuro and another Neurologist about my cervical fusion in September as I was afraid then that the PN would worsen. They both told me it wouldn't, and it didn't. The main reason for the Rhizotomy, besides the pain/radiculopathy, is I have to have pelvic floor physical therapy. Both my Urogynecologist and my PM feel that I need to get the lumbar/sacral nerves calmed down in order to go into PT. I suppose I could have insisted on more blocks but my PM says it is rather pointless since he knows where the pain generators are. And I don't think he wants to give too many steroid injections in a given year.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote