View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 05:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default it's been a while, I missed you all

Hi everyone.

I don't remember the last time I visited these forums. I know it's been over a year (maybe even 2 years?) and I have been through so many changes in my life that I don't even know where to begin.

The basics...
I got really sick. Hospital sick. The benefit to that is that I got diagnosed with a genetic disease (hey, at least they know what's wrong with me now after 8 years of the unknown).

The docs put me on all sorts of meds. Upped my pain meds. I felt like a zombie.

In the meantime my marriage was crumbling. Husband got addicted to World of Warcraft. This is part of the reason I wasn't here anymore - I could never get on the computer.

Earlier this year I decided I needed some changes. I left my husband. Moved out and filed for divorce (scary since I survive on SSDI). I started reducing my meds because I was going to lose my Rx insurance in the divorce. I was prepared for the absolute worst. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I got MUCH better. Six months ago I was taking 10 different meds (25 pills) per day. Today I take 2 meds, 1 and 1/2 pills a day. Six months ago I felt like a walking zombie. Today I feel fabulous.

I also have a new boyfriend. Living with him actually A fabulous guy. I'm happy. I'm as close to healthy as I have been in over 10 years.

I miss my friends here so I thought I would come and say hello.
Hugs

~Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (10-11-2009), Jomar (10-11-2009), mrsD (10-11-2009)