Thread: Remission in MG
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 06:13 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Joan, half the battle is our attitudes!! We have to be our own cheerleaders. We have to get up and say ya know what my legs stink today, but I still have them and tomorrow they may be better. I am thankful each day I am here is another day I can see my kids grown up.
I can't walk anymore, well to a bsc is all with much effort. But I can get around in my electric wheelchair. I am working on getting a very nice fancy one now. Someone asked me how I could stand it. Simple, it is either that or I don't get to go out and play!! LOL Without wheels I am relegated to the bed. Without wheels I can't even get a cold soda outta the fridge for myself. Without wheels I have NO independence. My arms have other issues now so I can't use the left one to use my walker anymore.
Adapt or give up. Keep finding that reason to get up each day. Keep looking at the glass as half full. No I too am not a pollyanna. I have a full and sometimes horrifying grasp of reality with regards to my health and what my body is doing..............I just choose to take the huge lemons and make gallons of lemonaide!! LOL
Great attitude girl!!
hugs
justdeb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-12-2009), kristy (10-17-2009)