Thread: Vp shunt= sad
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 06:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank God

I know that it is horrible to title a thread "Thank God" when so many of us are suffering, but it is such a relief to know that I am not crazy. After living with Pseudotumor Cerebri for 3 years, getting to a point of it leveling out, and now having it come back for the past year+ with a vengeance I finally decided to pursue with a VP shunt. I can't tell you what relief I got in my head and for that I am thankful. I keep those of you who have not got that relief in my prayers. However, since I woke up post op, I have had a horrible sharp pain in my pelvis that does not subside. I called my neurosurgeon whose nurse told me that the small tube could not possibly cause me any pain. I needed to go to my primary care provider (PCP) or to the ER. So I did. My PCP ran test upon test and ruled out everything from ovarian cyst to appendicitis. I finally got my family to help me sit up and google this pain on my own. Here comes the "Thank God." Thank God I found you all who have been so brave and helpful to share what you are going through. I read your stories and felt so much peace among the pain. I read and found that I, like miche27bbd, feel like I traded one pain for another but at the same time I realized that this is a real pain and I am not making it up!!! I had to say thank you all for sharing your stories and for helping me believe in myself and trust my body and what it is telling me.
PST.VPSHUNT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote