View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 10:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonT69 View Post
My husband has severe neuropathy...we are getting desperate..He is to the point where the meds hes on, gabapentin isnt working and is having to over medicate himself on it..1800mg is what he takes..and it wipes him out and is not able to live a normal life because of it...Does anyone have any kind of suggestion..anything at the point would be appreciated..His care is under VA hospital...and they just seem to want to figure this out...We are at a loss..and i feel for him..

I feel for your husband. I have severe neuropathy too. My feet, legs, hands, arms, and sometimes my face. I am on so many medications but my doctor says they cannot take the pain totally away, but give me enough so I can cope with it. I am on a regimine of cymbalta, lamictal,morphine, nortriptyline, and oxycodone. I started out with gabapentin but the side affects were too much. I couldn't remember anything and thought I was loosing my mind. I still cannot lead a normal life, but I continue to work and sleep and pretty much do nothing on my days off. As my body adjusts to the medications I continue to adjust more medications. Keep the faith and bugging his doctors until they help give him some relief. I am still in pain, but some days are better than others and we can only be thankful when we have a good day.

~Julie~

"With God's help you can smile through the pain and find joy in your journey":
Julie K is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote