View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 12:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Rach, Erin, Pat and Kate, thanks so much for keeping up with all the news. Just got back from the docs appointment, and yeah, not exactly good news again. My dad's doctor has gotten my dad a palliative care team and met them today for the first time. Just googled and found out that palliative care's brought in for people with "life limiting illnesses".

Docs not very optimistic about Dad's condition. The update was that his gut is the culprit of it all, its not moving. Its very slow, causing all the build-up in the stomach. Sort of to say, its paralyzed. Now they're gonna do a endoscopy to see if there really isn't any blockage, and to insert the food tube directly into the intestines instead of leaving it at the stomach/gut area. So hopefully after this, Dad can feed through the tube. And hopefully, a miracle will occur and his stomach muscles start moving again. Then they can remove the tube and let him feed normally. If after weeks to 2mths, his stomach muscles still do not move, then we shall have a peg put in directly to his intestines.

However, all these are in the optimistic way I guess. As he has had an episode of intestinal bleeding before, docs have warned that if bleeding occurs again, it could be unstoppable and we could lose him immediately. Its hard to say, he can have a few days to weeks, to months. It all depends on his progression over the next few days, how much he weakens by day. I guess one can never prepare enough when losing a loved one, and I don't know what I'll do when that time comes.

Thanks for all the prayers, thanks for listening everyone, to my rants. It helps a lot.. Gotta run to hospital now. Miss u guys. Thank you all u sweeties!
ConnieS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote