View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 12:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

(The following was directed to me. I don't know how to make it appear ghosted so that readers know it is a quote. Sorry. My answer is below.)

Quote:
I'm curious why he doesn't provide any scientific information about his machine/treatments on his website. There no clinical studies, peer reviewed articles, just patient testimonials. Looks like a big TENS unit to me but how would I know? There's very little information about the science behind this. After a very cursory google search on this doctor I found nothing more than a questionable website with minimal inspiration claiming a cure for RSD. I have doubts this is legitimate.

Rsdfree, with all due respect perhaps you could enlighten us all with more specifics details on how he reaches his diagnosis and claims of healing RSD.

I don't mean to hijack the thread but this type of claim just begs for more due diligence about this specific posting.
MsL
__________________________________________________ ____________
His machine is FDA approved for the treatment of pain.

He has conducted some small studies, some that he funded himself. Those are described in the book. He has been published in medical journals:
1. Podiatry Today, November 2000, "RSDS, disgnosis and successful treatment" and
2. in the American Journal of Pain Management, 2002 Jan; 12(1):31-34, "Effects of Sympathetic Therapy on Chronic Pain in Peripheral Neuropathy Subjects."
In addition, he has spoken at many seminars.

Large scale, double-blind studies require a lot of money, and it usually goes to institutions, not to lone doctors with a non-profit organization to accept the funds. He does have grant writers looking for funds.

Patients usually arrive with a diagnosis from other doctors they have seen in their efforts to find out what is causing their pain. He bases his treatment claims on his small studies and on the thousands of patients he has treated for the last 17 years. He never says "cure." He says "remission."

* "electromagentic stimulation of the nervous system" or variations thereof can lead you to all types of info about the efficacy of this kind of treatment for various nerve conditions. There are all types of small scale studies that I found and one lengthy discussion released by a university in the form of journal article about using this type of treatment and the positive results. However, it apparently has not been followed up by those who did those small studies.

I hope this answers your questions.

Last edited by Koala77; 10-12-2009 at 02:31 AM. Reason: GL + formed the quoted text
rsdfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mslday (10-12-2009)