View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 01:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

(Below the line, I respond to the following comment.)

Quote:
Well, I would like to know what these "tests" are. I have never heard of them before. Pain management doctors don't test for pain.

Seems Dr. Rhodes needs to get more involved. Get his testing accepted by mainstream doctors. If it is so wonderful, he could reach millions of people and that I would think would be an admirable goal!
__________________________________________________ ______________

The tests check for circulation, the lack of which causes pain. You can almost instantly check this out yourself. Wrap a rubber band around your finger so it cuts off the blood supply, and your finger will turn purple and hurt. Lack of blood and oxygen cause pain.

Tests include:

--standing on a black thermopad that registers the warmth of the soles of your feet. If, after you step off, the pad is still black, your feet are too cold to have proper circulation. If the pad turns lighter colors, your feet registered circulation.

--taking the temperature of the pads of both thumbs and the bottom of both big toes. Research shows that the body's left and right plantar temperature should be within one degree of each other and should be in a specific range, just as the internal body temperature should be within a certain range. If the readings are off, you have a problem.

--testing your nerve conduction by placing electrodes on each toe of each foot, running a mild electrical charge through the electrodes, and noting the intensity of the frequency before you feel any tingling. High numbers mean your nerves are malfunctioning, which causes nerve pain.

--taking your blood pressure on each arm and each ankle to determine the difference in the readings. If your ankle readings are different from the expected difference between the arm and ankle, then you may have a blockage that makes your feet too cold. If not, then foot pain is most likely caused by nerve problems.

--taking x-rays of the feet to look for subchrondal cysts. These are cysts that result from lack of proper circulation that eats away at bone. Bone needs a good blood/oxygen supply to stay healthy. If you have these cysts in your feet, you have them in other places in your body.

These tests add up to a clear picture of whether you have chronic pain. When the body begins to heal, and that can take time, the above readings begin to change. Periodic retests indicate whether the treatment is working, sometimes even before the patient's subjective pain level drops. When it begins to drop, the above tests become even more normal.

Yes, the goal is to reach millions of people. There is something in the works that is a step in that direction. Everything takes time and research and development money. As I said before, grant writers are busy trying to find those funds.
rsdfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mslday (10-12-2009)