View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 02:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Lorreta,

You have been through so much. I'm happy for you that you found the right drug cocktail to help with your RSD pain. Mainly I have had cold RSD but lately it has been fluctuating between hot and cold too. I didn't sleep last night either. It's very hard to function and stay focused and positive on little sleep isn't it. I went to the emergency room today because this pain is not like any RSD pain I've ever experienced over the past 7 years. They couldn't do much for me. I had to drive myself so I didn't want to take any medicine while I was there. I'll try to get into see my pain doctor this week if it's possible. It's our Thanksgiving weekend here so he'll probably be booked solid on Tuesday, but I'll try.

Hi Bobber,

You are absolutely right about getting exercise and I try to do as much as I can. I use a therapy band to do some pilates type stretching and that seems to help as long as I don't push myself beyond my limits. I've been known to overdo it and flare my RSD up but I've gotten better at listening to what my body is telling me. Gotta keep it moving and keep it warm. It's a daily ritual but the darn stairs are getting harder and harder to go down each day. It's gotten too cold here and I don't want to go by a pool as I'm too sensitive to drafts right now.

Unfortunately I don't do well on the oxy much like most meds for RSD. It makes me feel sick so it's hard to stack. I keep it on hand for emergencies like this but I was I was surprised it didn't stop the attack of stabbing pain.

In the beginning I was scared to death of being sentenced to a wheelchair. I guess I still am in a way. It is a powerful motivator to keep moving isn't it. Don't forget to breath too. Keep the faith my friend it's what will get you through.

Hi L2L,

I'm sorry to here your rsd has spread internally. This really is a "B" isn't it.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and consideration.
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (10-12-2009)