Old 01-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

quote-
[The only thing the mri said was minimal bulge of C6-7 disk with a tiny annular fissure without any left lateralizing abrormalities identified. Any know what this means?]

hmm -you might want to post the Mri & C6/7 questions on the spinal forum - they might have more details/info about those.

spinal disorders
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22
spinal injury
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

is yours a work comp case or pvt medical coverage?

I actually learned more from some of the better PTs { and my chiropractor} than the drs I went to- but your doc should have explained some of it to you.
Generally a regular MRI usually won't show TOS unless you have bony anomalies or extra cervical rib.

But be very careful in PT if they ask you to do any thing that you know will make you hurt worse - speak up!

do you get delayed pain- like hours or a day after you do an activity you will hurt worse then?

I had the best luck with the more advanced PTs - and they didn't ask me to do any strengthening until my pain was way down first {1-2}.

a typical session-
first was heat 15 min, then ultrasound, then massage -they also did a combined stretching with the massage at times.

then we did some bio feedback to learn how to totally relax some of the muscles that were not relaxing normally as they should have been.

when my pain was very low we did isometrics { muscle tightening/release} and as I tolerated that well we moved on to very lt weights -only 5 reps to test how I would feel after and then on from there only if no pain increased.

then i got Sharon Butlers TOS program {on stretching and awareness} and a lot of books and videos on posture and bodywork.

I read all the links in our sticky list - plus found many more and added them to the list.

all of that helped but I really got he best help from a really good chiropractor- i had some c spine issues too but no tears or bulges - plus my hips and shoulders are tilted too- so he covers it all.
Plus he does the ultrasound, low level laser, interferential stim, and triggerpoint pressure massage techniques.

whew I feel like I wrote a book-LOL

I'd take your Mri to another doc {ask around and find out who is very good in your area} some of the PT places might have some names for you I found out too late that they know who refers for what conditions.

it wouldn't hurt to just get an eval with a good chiro- you can tell them you don't want any adjustment at this time- just the evaluation.

Oh docs and PTs and DC can do a series of tests to determine if the sx are based in the c spine vs elsewhere.
this site might help with terms and info-
http://www.spine-health.com/topics/c...ce/diff01.html

gosh i forgot to answer your title question -- YES !