Thread: Remission in MG
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi

I think this is a good topic Annie. And thanks to everyone who has already posted, some real food for thought.

When I first got ill nearly three years ago, though looking back it was probably far longer ago than that, I dreamed of remission. I thought as the medical profession and the MGA literature all said that most people with MG lead a normal life all I would have to do was take these magic pills (mestinon) every 4 hours and eventually it would all go away and life would return to norrmal.

Now I dream for a better quality of life, remission to me at the moment seems like asking for the moon. To be able to walk my dogs, just for 15 mins, or to go out with friends to the cinema or for a meal or even just to be able to do something other than sit in a chair and watch the world go by, would be better than what I have now.

I know all drugs have risks, I know prednislone isn't good for you in the long term. But given the opportunity to try these drugs and get some more quality of life would be better than not trying at all.

Remission is what everyone hopes for, in reality for me what I hope for is a life that contributes and is rewarding. Two things I have in little quantity at the moment.

Love
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-12-2009), bluesky (10-13-2009), sugrkiss (10-12-2009)