View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi,

What I found works best for me is my Methadone. I also use Lidocaine patches. I usually slap one of them on but they take awhile to start helping so I take some Methadone. I don't take it all of the time now as I do have mine under control most of the time except when the weather changes or I overdo it.

The blocks do help. I have seen them work for people who have had RSD for years around my area. I use to belong to an RSD group and 2 of the women did good from the blocks, one got out of her wheelchair. A good Anesteologist is best for blocks in my book.

Lidocaine is being used in a lot of ways today to help people with the RSD pain, shots, pills, infusions, blocks,patches, before surgeries . Good stuff.

I do know what you are going through. Here lately my pain has been crazy due to the weather change. Our weather started changing the first of August. I had my heat on two times in August. I do have MS and my friend that has it started up with pain around the same time I did too. He didn't figure out it might be the weather until I mentioned it to him.

It is possible that you are dealing with other problems in the foot too as someone else said. That screw, arthritis, plantar fascius, PN. There are too many other things to mention and with RSD, it seems like other things come on.

With the Methadone, the dosage for me is low so I don't get any side effects from it. It's also around 40. a month for 90 pills.

Exercise too is important. I have a treadmill that I use often and therabands and weights that I use. It's important to keep moving.

Most of my problems are in my hands and arms and upper body. The RSD in my bottom half is not near as bad as what some are dealing with. I can only imagine what all of you go through trying to get around.

Feel better soon.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mslday (10-12-2009)