Thread: Topamax Dosage
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 09:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Garney!
Topamax has been the easiest drug for me so far (if that makes sense) to adjust to. I did experience a few side effects in the beginning, and do have a few occasionally, but they are minimal at best. Things like tingling in my hands/feet (which my neuro says can be helped by taking certain supplements she can tell me about if I want).
I've upped the Topamax on my own this last week and a half to 100 mgs at night and so far so good. It seems to be helping with the headache breakthrough, of course I can only do that for so long without actually having more pills before I have to refill them sooner than my insurance will allow. Hence, the should I call the doc and ask if she'll let me increase it to 100. I'm really skiddish about calling the doc unless I absolutely have to. I haven't even told her about the 'spell' in December (one of two 'sure things' that I know of in recent months). Is that reason enough to call? I'm not due to go and see her for another 2-3 months. I don't want to overreact over little things either.