View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 09:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I too have 3 canine critters and I also experance the curse of freezing at times, in cramped spaces especally toward the end of dosage of sinemet. I use two different methods to thaw the freeze. one is to give myself marching orders. I litterally order (out loud if I'm alone) myself to take a step. LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT RIGHT, ETC until I start moving in the desired direction. The other method is to rock gently from one foot to the other to shift the weight off of the foot I wish to move, then take a step with the unweighted foot. I think the freeze is partly caused by the brain getting confused by having the weight on the foot that you want to step out with and our brain knows this wont work. Standing up as straight as possible makes turning in cramped sprces easier too. I have heard of another method tho I have not tried it and it would solve your news paper litter problem. Use a lazar pointer to put a spot on the floor to step to or turn on. Be careful of your dogs eyes if you use it around them.--- Hope one of these works for you!

geraldo
geraldo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote