Thread: Another injury?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default frozen shoulder & mri

my shoulder was frozen when i broke it, and i worked very hard to get it unfrozen. it still has range of motion probs. i have some pulley's that i use for unfreezing purposes. i had a pt for 3 days and then they released me to be unsupervised with it. i think i did ok on my own. i had to get up very early and eat a really fast lunch to be able to do these 3 times a day.

now i use yoga for the same purposes. but the pulley would probably be good to go back to. just don't know what box it's in now after moving.

i had an mri that was painless and one that was a son of a gun, because they did contrast. this is where they inject and they try to get the dye close to the bone. needless to say this is painful. don't agree to this unless someone can drive u. u will be sore for a long time.

the mri with contrast ruled out a rotator cuff tear on the right. i got one without contrast that showed a tear in the labrum on the left (the one i broke). it is not torn all the way through. so i have to be careful not to tear it more. in yoga we have to be the judge of our own bodies.

Last edited by tied; 10-12-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: forgot the tear
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-12-2009), billy027 (10-13-2009)