View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 05:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Hi Ada,
I really want to thank you for your kind words about my Smokey---it really means alot. My grandsons would lay their heads on him when they would come over. Its just like loosing a family member---he's been here so long that there isnt a time when he wasnt here. This is really hard.
He was sick for a couple of days, & he had arthritis really bad, but the strange thing is that he looked so peaceful when he went---like his suffering was over & he could run again. Im happy that hes not hurting anymore---& I know what Im going to say sounds selfish but I want him back. I hated to see him hurt, but he was our "baby" & it just doesnt seem right ---him not being here to eat with us---if you know what I mean.
It took me a long time to find a pcp that actually cared about you as a person, but I found one that is really great, I just wish that she was able to give me the meds that I need for the pain. I did find another doctor thats in Knoxville so hopefully they take my isurance & I can get away from the one that Im seeing now. I havent actually seen the "doc" ---its been his staff & I really dont think that they know what they are doing. I had to see their shrink about the SCS surgery & I showed him all the information that I had gathered & no matter how hard Ive tried to show it to the doc---he doesnt give me the time to do that. Ive even had it on the table & he just ignores it.
He doesnt want to hear about my pain---he wants that 30,000---thats all he wants to hear---thats why Im trying to see someone else.
Ky is one hour ahead of us---thats the eastern part--I dont know about the rest of Ky. Im in central time. Carrie is the one that is trying to get her doc to see me, so Im praying that shes able to do that. But if not---then Im going to see about the one in Knoxville. I just want a doc that is going to listen to me. I dont want the pain meds for the high---I just want a life where I dont hurt like this.
Ive only gone down my driveway with the chair but hubby normally goes with me---Ive only gone down twice by myself but there are people near by in case I get stuck.
Thanks again for your kind words---they mean so much.
Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your Smokey. Losing a pet is so hard on us. Bill's dog died about a year after he did. We had a hard time dealing with it. The kids had gotten him the dog so my Grandson's had a really hard time with it. Devin had Scooby's picture on his cellphone for a longtime. They are part of the family.

As far as the chair, I am so glad you got it. I do want to mention that when you go outside, make sure you have your phone or cellphone with you. My daughter takes care of a friend with MS and she went outside in her chair, got hung up in a big ditch and sat there for over 3 hours until Susan got there to find her. They don't always go where people might think they will.

As far as Drs. I have seen more then my share too. I donot like PM Drs. at all. I realize some people have good luck with them but I sure didn't and won't go to another one.

As far as my timezone. I think I am an hour behind Tennessee. I talk to Carrie and she told me that. Ky. is 2 hours ahead so I thought it was different that Tennessee is only 1.

It's cold here girl. We are breaking some records. It is suppose to warm up to the 60's here in the next few days though.

Don't give up on trying to get the help you need. You will finally find that right Dr.

I did want to say too about the SCS. Don't let a Dr. tell you that you have to have the SCS if you don't want it. Don't hold back on your pain level just to keep him from pushing it. I would just sit down with him and say, this is how it is, I don't want the SCS even though my pain is through the roof. There are other things out there that I am sure he hasn't tried yet. There are too many Drs. out there to have one push something on you that you don't want.

Ada
tiredofpain07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote