View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 05:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammiAnn View Post
Hi everyone... my name is Pam and I have had RSD since Oct 07. I got it when I fell and hit my shin. It has spread into my right leg so I now have it in both legs, feet and ankles. Anyway, as to my question.. in the last 6 months or so, I am constantly getting ingrown toenails on both of my big toes... has anyone else had this issue??
I Pam and welcome to neurotalk. I'm sorry you have ingrown toenails. I know that is painful. For myself, I have found I've been able to avoid them, by right after shower or bath, I take a metal nail file with a pointed tip and gently lift up my nail away from the skin. Cutting your nails too short is a no no. I actally take a file and file straight across. But if you gently lift up your nail as you clean it, keeps the corner of your nail from growing into the skin. That is the key thing. Hope this helps.
You'll find so much comfort and information here. So many kind and compassionate friends here, always willing to share information to help us all get thru this difficult disorder. Stay in touch and tell us about yourself.
I got RSD following surgery. Wasn't diagnosed for 4 years. Have had it 14 years now and is full body and internally. I am mobile, with the exception of one hand partially paralyzed. I am 61 , hubby 72 one daughter 30 and son in law. They have been wonderful when I have difficult time. I've actually been improving and have lessened my pain meds. Live in Arizona-Wow hot summers. Actually got RSD in Oregon and moved here without knowing I had RSD. Have a wonderful Dr. the past 5 years. He has just built two new clinics with HBOT in each of them. I am going to go thru a HBOT program.
Take care and let us know how your feet are doing. Welcome again, loretta soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote