Thread: B12
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I agree. Recommending "Aspartame" is a big concern for me too. Does he think we have agricultural pests in our bodies. Aspartame was originally developed as a pesticide. Its sweetness was discovered by mistake. One researcher said to the other, "Did you test it?" It was heard as "Did you taste it?"

Maybe Braverman needs to update to recommending the Stevia/sugar mix as a low calorie subsitute. I am not sure I like the Truvia version of stevia.

Besides, our bodies and brains need a proper carb intake, just not junk food sugar.

I will never understand why people will eat/drink something to satisfy their sweet tooth that does not satisfy their sweet tooth. It is much easier to truly satisfy a sweet tooth with a small sweet that to eat/drink gobs with an artificial sweetener that leaves one unsatisfied.

I think I will just look The Edge over at the library. It sounds like I will struggle to read it anyway. My brain does not tolerate writings that are difficult to understand.

I am also turned off by Braverman's appearance as an author of too many specialized subjects. Just like Dr Oz. He may be a great cardiac surgeon, but he is a master of nothing else. Oz and Braverman seem to be after $$$ more than patient health.

I am in agreement with him about bio-identical hormone treatment. Our diets have messed up our hormone balances. I will be starting testosterone and DHEA when it arrives. I am low in both.

BHRT has improved my wife's life drastically. Others we know have also benefited. Big Pharma's shotgun HRT is to be questioned. Same as birth control pills.

I read a recent study that links birth control pills to a change in how women view men. BCP's over-rides the need and desire of women to find a masculine man leading to women who are prone to choose and prefer feminized men. It is a very preliminary study. It will be interesting to see more research in this area.

I will look into B5P. It sounds interesting. I currently take 300 mg of B-6 daily. If I miss my B-6 for a few days, my wife can tell, same as B-12.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote