Thread: B12
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

The recommendation to use Aspartame for him, appears on ALL his neurotransmitter subchapters. He explains at first in the dopamine chapter that the phenylalanine in aspartame is what he is after. But you know....phenylalanine is common in all proteins. We get plenty by eating protein.

What IS in aspartame that is problematic....is ASPARTIC acid which is a known stimulant of the NMDA receptors for PAIN.
It is related to glutamate which is also a stimulant to these pain receptors and problematic in the brain. Why does Dr. Braverman recommend aspartame to all patients? This is a question I have...and basically I think the book was not proofread properly, and it is repeated by accident.

I DO NOT like his sweeping generalizations ...he seems to have "borrowed" snipets of other peoples' research and used them out of context or whatever, for his own purposes. It is sort of like Martha Stewart's approach (some people believe she has stolen recipes and craft ideas for YEARS and received much criticism for that, although after her prison experience it seems less to me).

I'll find some other "precious" quotes from the book before I take it back to the library. I think those will illustrate my opinion, fairly well.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote