View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Pam,

Sorry to hear that you suffer from ingrown toenails a lot too!

I have had LOTS of ingrown toenails since I developed RSD! I never used to get any beforehand but now, I seem to get tons and they always seem to be on my RSD leg - never on the other!

I had a really bad one last year which got extremely infected so I had to have my Doctor take it off under general anaesthetic.

The procedure of having the toenail removed caused me to have a really bad reaction and I developed myoclonic spasms from it which I still have now even despite trying many different medications and Physical Therapy to try and combat them!

I agree with what the others have said. My Doctor told me to try and allow the nails to grow and not cut them too short. He also mentioned trying to cut a 'V' shape in the middle of the nail (I think it was there anyhow!) as that can sometimes prevent ingrown toenails from developing ... not very fashionable I know but if it stops any problems, it's worth it!!

I hope your toenail problems settle down soon and that you get to feeling better as I know how painful they can be, especially on an RSD limb!

Keep us posted!
Alison