Thread: Remission in MG
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 11:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail View Post
I look back to nearly 7 years ago, and I have come a long way.
But I do dream that one day I will be better, I think the thing I find hardest is that all the medications I take and have taken make me so sick. I constantly fight diarrhoea and nausea and sometimes vomiting. I think it would be soooo much easier to cope if I had some degree of wellness, but I guess I would be so much sicker with mg if I wasn't on the meds. My poor neuro is constantly trying to manage my medications, and he's said I am frustrating in this respect, he doesn't mean this in a nasty way, just wishes I would respond "normally"
Redtail,

you are right, the side effects that come as a "package deal" with our effective meds. are really very frustrating for physicians and patients alike.

as to books, they used to be my best friends (never had a dog), but it's been a while since I have been able to read books for pleasure.
it's now quite a task for me to read. although I never gave it up, but can't just crawl in bed with a book, like I used to.

and I assume it is true that it is too dark to read inside a dog (although never really tried it) but possibly you could using a flashlight?

I used to do that when I was a kid and didn't want my parents to "catch" me still reading ( I was a real book worm) in the middle of the night, so I would hide under the covers and use a flashlight to read, and it really worked well.

alice
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote