Thread: My Smokey
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 06:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Hi Riverwild,
I want to thank you for your kind words---they really mean alot. Smokey was our best friend, he was always there to greet you & always wanted to know what was in the bag, especially if he thought that it was something for him.

He never took the bag---he just had trouble being patient for us to say whether or not it was for him.
It just seems so strange around here. I know that its only been 2 days, but it just doesnt seem right. It rained this morning & he always wanted in. I still cant believe that hes not here anymore. Ive cried so much that it hurts.
Thanks again---I really appreciate your being so kind.
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Smokey.

I had a Smokey too. He was a big Newfoundland. I had him for almost 17 years. We grew up together. I got him when I was 21 and he was 1, and he died when I was 37 and he was 17.

There's days I still think I see him in his corner, or I hear him ringing the hanging bell on the doorknob to signal OUT! It took a long time to stop grieving, and sometimes I still get sad, but I think he's letting me know he's still with me each time I catch him out of the corner of my eye or hear that bell.

It's ok to feel lost and to grieve. It just happened and you cannot expect it to pass so soon. Only time makes it better. Enjoy the memories that you have, and when you heal, maybe there will be room for another in your heart and your home.
tiredofpain07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (10-21-2009)