View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 07:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default EMG results and Meds

Annie,
I think you're absolutely right about starting out slowly. I really think that was alot of the problem. If he is ok with me giving it another try I will go back to 1/2 tab at a time. I am glad to hear you had the same side effect and that it went away after a couple of days. I am going to keep my fingers crossed.

I don't know if they did the tests you mentioned or not. Since the modulating antibody was the one he couldn't find the result for it makes me wonder. I hadn't worried much about it until I went in for the test. I kept laying there thinking this was something I had to be ready for if need be. I also became more concerned because of this heaviness or ache right in the center of my chest. I have never had any breathing problems so don't think it is that I'm going into a crisis or anything. I go back to see the Neuro on Nov. 10 and will find out the results then I assume. They didn't say anything about calling me with them.

Thanks for the pep talk about family. I am blessed with a great family but sometimes feel like they all have their own way of dealing with it. I think my sister is going to be my greatest supporter in this. She seems to want to learn all she can about MG. My dad finally realized a couple of weeks ago how sick I really was. He called me asking me to come down and help him with the neighbors cat who was hurt. It was about 8:00 PM and I was exhausted and couldn't hold my eye open. He looked at me for a long time and said "Baby your eye is worse, are you getting sicker." My sister told me he called her to tell her he was worried about me. Slowly but surely they are starting to get it. I am partly to blame for not telling them when I don't feel good. I tend to just say I'm tired but I think I am better off telling them how bad I really feel. I am definitely going to go rest. It is almost time for Dancing with the Stars!!! I am going to relax and watch that. Thanks Annie

Pat,
I am so relieved to hear you restarted it and did ok. I am definitely going to make sure I eat and drink a glass of water. I am convinced starting out slow is the way to go. Thanks so much for the support!!!
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote