View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 11:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew58 View Post
I went to IME doc for my atty.,to get a % of disability for WC injury. I left the bldg. in tears.The outlook for me getting any better is bleak.I have an incurable disease that has stolen my active life away.

My life is less valuable than a pro football player because of the way WC law is written. I would not be referred to top RSD/CRPS doctor for review.

My heart is bruised from this ordeal.
No further treatment will be granted other than PM and psychological.

Tears began to fall, and the doc looked at me point blank and said, "You don't need to cry." I told him that I couldn't help it, just like I couldn't help not wanting my legs to dangle off the table(more painful), at his insistence! Doc kept pulling on my legs, and I was pushing him away telling him "NO!"

He was speaking in recorder and stated CRPS with secondary Major Depression and Anxiety..both lower extremities, swollen and touch is not acceptable to patient;further,full body CRPS is future prognosis, due to patient not wanting me to touch her,anywhere as she reports pain is throughout her person. Also, I was to see current PM doc, who is well known in PM field, 4-6 times per year,and continue with psychological counseling.Finally, he told me that my atty. was very good at court and I would not have any problems.

The entire office was wearing blue mask to avoid the flu! However, no gloves to touch the patient.

THAT'S IT!
To top it all off, this was MY atty.'s IME doc. I cannot imagine w3hat WC atty. will do to me.

I am so sad.
Dear Dew,
I am so sad for you. Those are such harsh words to hear, and I can understand your heart hurting. My heart hurts for you too. It brought me back to when a new neurologist told me I had generalized or full body RSD. That is when I needed a psychiatrist. He suggested two names, whom I didn't like and found my own. Most Drs. and people in general have not a clue what we go thru and the losses we experience. It's huge, our active, pain free life is taken away. It really takes time to process, and please know I believe you to be very strong and you WILL find meaning in your life. Maybe not what you thought your life would be like, but you can and will have a meaningful life, full of love for your family and love for others whom you will be of great encouragement. It's good you are taking time for yourself to process this as you go thru the legal harang.
Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you. Remember, take time for yourself. Journaling will help you work thru the losses you are facing.
I'm finally over the flu. My immune system is so weak, it took 2-3 months to get over. My RSD Dr. wants me to have the flu shot and swine shot? I'm so scared to. I have never had the flu shot.
I'm still sleeping 10 hrs a night and pain level is down as a result. We sold part of our business and kept part. It's cooling down here. ----high 90's I think 98 this weekend, but doesn't feel that hot.
Laura took me shopping for a dress Friday and attended a wedding Sat. It was nice-on one of the golf courses and nice weather.
I'm feeling much better, flu was really rough and long. Last night I tripped over my laptop cord and went clear across the room to keeping from falling, but fell into another chair. Rug burned hand and purple knee. Nothing broken, just a sore low back, knee and hand. I'm so grateful nothing was broken.
Please know I'm thinking of you every day. Your friend, loretta soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (10-14-2009)