View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 11:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Whats wrong with me? PLEASE help..

Hi, I am an 18 year old male suffering from serious visual/auditory problems. About 8 year ago, i woke up with a 'fuzzy' overcast across the whole of my vision. It's like millions of microdots which move slightly (NOT floaters). I see them with my eyes open and shut, and they are more visible in the darkness, or when i look at bright colours...although they are always there. When i consulted my doctor about it, he referred me to an optician, who done absolutely nothing about it, except telling me i needed glasses (even though the results of my eye test came back fine, rediculous i know!) Being young and naive, and content with the fact that wearing glasses would soon 'cure' my problem, i went on with life as normal.. with no visual improvements.

About a year later, i started seeing moving green/purple patches in the darkness, which stopped me sleeping alot of the time.This prompted me to go back to my doctor, who again, didnt seem to take me very seriously, assuring me it was 'perfectly normal'. I still have to sleep with a light on, which makes not sleeping at home very difficult! Till around 6 month ago, I was content with just 'getting on' with my problem, however the 'fuzzy' vision and the patterns have worsened. It is now to the extent where my vision is becoming extremely impaired and i find being in the dark pretty stressful...

Along with my visual problems, i have always had a slight buzzing in my ears. This was not a major issue until last month, in which i started to hear an intense 'electrical' sounding noise in my head. The noise is constant, and makes sleeping practically impossible. Also over the past few nights, when on the verge of falling asleep, the 'electical-type' noise has progressed into a loud explosion in the head, making me almost jump out of bed with anxiety. Going to bed is now very stressful for me, and i am suffering from exhausting insomnia.

I have been getting regular migraines over the past year or so too, which i have never suffered from in the past, i dont know if this is linked?

I've been to the doctors again, and they have no idea what is wrong with me, should i go and see a neurologist?

Please help, I am very stressed about this.

Thanks, Jonathan.
jonathan18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote