Thread: My Smokey
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 06:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Suev,
Not alot of people know about the Rainbow Bridge, so when you spoke of it----it told me that you have loved your "babies" also. When we got Smokey---he already had arthritis & I was the only one that could even get close to him because he had been abused. After awhile he warmed up to hubby---then they were the best of buddies. You could see them walking together, side by side. He absolutely LOVED to go swimming. The minute you would say "swim" or "the creek"---he couldnt get to the car "fast" enough. He "loved" the snow & would play with his water bottle that had a little bit of ice in it. He was a "big" baby about 200 pounds---but he hated storms. I think that whoever had him before us---used that as a "punishment" for when he did something wrong---in their eyes of course.
He absolutely loved to "scratch" his butt under a hemlock tree that we have---which made his thick fur just stick together. He also loved to be brushed---he would lift his front paws so we could "reach" better. I know that we will have some great great memories of him & I know that hes not hurting anymore---but its just so lonely around here.
We have other babies, but Smokey was one of a kind---having our other ones helps some---but Smokey & Grumpy are the only ones that dont think that the cats are chewy toys. Grumpy just doesnt know what to do these days. He just lost his brother "tater" & now Smokey---he looks so lonesome. He (grumpy) isnt one for the normal toys---balls or stuff like that---he would play with them & now he just doesnt know what to do. Smokey was a wise old man & he is missed in so many ways. Thank you for your kind words---I truly appreciate them more than you know.
When I can figure out how to add pictures I will be able to show you my loveable Smokey. Thank you again for your words.
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by suev
Janet,

I am very sorry your Smokey has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. How wonderful you opened your heart and home to a 'rescue'. I was raised in family that found all our very best compaions from rescue.

When I was young and experienced my first loss, my Dad explained that it was important to remember the memories and to smile. Eventually the happy memories would chase away the tears and pain. And then, it would be time to gift our hearts and home to another companion in memory of our last wonderful companion.

Everyone's circumstances are different - and everyone grieves differently. The tears will end with time; but luckily, the happy memories will last forever.

Sue
tiredofpain07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
suev (10-14-2009), tamiloo (10-21-2009)