View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I also have spurs on my big toes under the nail. From years of standing at work. I have spurs on my heels too, which at one time were very painful, but they have healed up for now.
I buy wide shoes now, a little larger, and put in those gel inserts.
I cannot wear fancy women's things anymore however. My only dress shoe is the black Arcopedicos.

The podiatrist I have says that when the bones that are broken are removed, the joint then becomes lax, and bunions then form.
So if I can live with it, I should do so. I don't like surgery anyway!

So I live conservatively, don't walk on the rocks anymore on vacation, choose shoes properly, etc. My heel spurs did quiet down, and it did take a couple of years but they did, and surgery was not necessary for them.

I have had one steroid shot in my left foot in the ball there, when I was having a major flare. And I use Salonpas patches if they seem bad in the night. And I have retired from my stressful job.

It is not unusual for me to buy Men's shoes, because the toe box is wider than a women's wide. I can try on many styles to get what I need some days.

These new memory foam slip ons from Dr. Scholl's have been really good to the sesamoids!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote