View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 09:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJmom View Post
My daughter was diagnosed w/ gluten sensitivity several wks ago via stool test, so I asked my dr. if I could have bloodwork to test for Celiac's.

Results:
Deamidated gliadin ABS, IgA 1.7 (normal 1-10)
Deamidated gliadin ABS, IgG 0.07 (normal 1-10)
t-transglutaminase, IgA 1 (normal 0-3, weak positive 4-10, positive >10)
t-transglutaminase, IgG 1 (normal 0-5, weak positive 6-9, positive >9)
endomysial antibody, IgA negative
Immunoglobulin A, QN, serum 60 L (normal for > 19 yrs is 70-400)

My dr read this as meaning I'm fine, while acknowledging this isn't her area of expertise. But a naturopath dr I asked about it said that b/c my IgA is low overall, the rest of the test results are invalid, unhelpful. But he didn't have much more to say than that.

Can someone point me to a good source of info to explain what all these tests are about, particularly the last one? What's next? Would IgA stool testing be similarly invalid b/c of lack of IgA? Do I need to do something about the lack of IgA? What problems could I have b/c my IgA is low? Any info helpful. Thanks.
if you dont have a sufficient amount of IgA, then you arent going to mount a defense on that front.....so the all the IgA based tests will be skewed. also, you need the old, not deaminated, tests done....and the IgG tests done....
that being said, if your daughter lives with you, why not go gluten free with her?
pabb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote