View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 12:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default wow

Everytime I login, I'm amazed at the influx of encouragement and short messages I get from u all. I'm overwhelmed, and u guys are really a source of support for me.

Thanks Rach, Sue, Pat, Jujuan, Shar, Kate and Nicky! The prayers are workingg.. I think. Lol..

Currently Dad's on Maxolon and morphine, also on oxygen as his oxygen stats dropped to 90. They're hoping that the maxolon helps his intestines to move, and also the side effects of morphine will move it. I'm really not sure how all these meds work, but seeing dad weaken by the day is pretty painful and hard to bear. I try not to think of it all, but just feel like giving him a great big hug. But I'll prob hurt him if I do that..

The good thing is that the Maxolon and morphine seems to be working, they're drawing lesser stuffs out from his intestines now. So for trial, he's allowed 250ml of water a day. Lol. So its basically a sip every now and then to see if he can digest it. I hope it works out.

The side effects of those drugs are that dad's drowsy always, so cant really talk to him. I miss him, miss the bubbly him.. wish that he could tallk to me, but I guess I'll be happy as long as there are still options for him. If only the options are easier to choose.

Now its on a day by day basis, symptom treatment they say, rather than treat the cancer. I really hope he pulls through and returns home.

I made a silly prayer the other day, praying that I really don't mind givin up my life if it could save my dad. My mum probably cant do without him, but can do without me. The pain is quite different, but I know its a silly prayer. but I couldnt help making it. Lol.

I am hoping that we will not need to meet the doctors, for everymeeting seems to bring worse news than the previous ones. Lol. I'll rather everything remains status quo. Or gets better.

Its getting harder to walk now, I wobble with my stick sometimes. I struggle with my bag. At the end of the day, my limbs ache like crazy. This forum is source of comfort for me.. I'm sorry if I've missed out on the happenings here, I promise I'll keep myself sane. Lol..

Really really thank you all for listening and for the encouraging words.
ConnieS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote