Thread: Slurred speech
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 12:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi

Im so sorry that you are facing this alone and that the kids are poorly. Its hard enough looking after yourself if you feel bad let alone running around after others.

I get slurred speech and nasal speech. I tend to not notice until my mum says to me your speech is slurred (it sounds fine in my head!). I used to get nasal speech a lot when I worked or I would lose my voice. Slurred speech / nasal speech is a well known MG symptom. Remember ALS/MND starts with symptoms from the feet up, MG is head down.

I think the best thing you can do at the moment is take some sick leave and get some rest. You are heading for a trip into hospital if you dont. If things get very bad you will need to see someone at the ER, you can't be waiting on a neuro who may or may not ring you back. Can you change neuros obviously when you feel a bit better.

Is there any family that you could call in? I know you said you are by yourself, but is there anyone that could come and stay with you whilst you nurse the kids?

I really feel for you. I hope you get the help you need. You aren't alone

Love
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote