View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I get what you're saying.

Sometimes it feels like they are more dependant on me than I am on them.

I still drive, but I have limits as to where and how long. Not because there's something wrong with me, I've always been a weenie like that.

I do not work though, so am dependant in that way. Hate that too. Feels like asking for an allowance, everytime I want something. Have to explain, justify why I'm spending money.

As for you, what the others said is right on. There has to be some happy medium. Some place close enough for him to fish - he does not have to live in a fishing camp, for pete's sake if he can drive.

And yet close enough for you to get around, too. And there ARE places like that.

My dh and I had a similar power struggle with this FL move. He wanted to be off the radar, but I like walking down there, the parks, the beach all that.

We compromised, mostly to his side, but I am not too far from shopping, real close to two really nice state parks, and not too far drive (I can handle) to ocean. And *our* place has enough of what I want and enough of what he wants that neither feels like we're settling for less thatn what will make us happy.

This is huge for us, a compromise. We battle a lot, lol. If we can do it, there is hope for anyone.

I hope you can find something like that too, and maybe with some public transport, so you don't have to rely on him everytime you want to get out. Love that about FL, is set up for older folks. Don't get buses and taxis where I am in OH.
barb02 (10-14-2009)