View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 02:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew58 View Post
I appreciate your words of encouragement, and each of you have helped me. I still can't stop the tears from flowing. Yes, I am over sensitive;however, to think that THIS is the BEST anyone can do for me is unacceptable. I was dx 15 months out from initial injury. Too late for blocks, or anything!

The IME's nurse said that I should be glad it happened now, not 7 years ago, when RSD/CRPS was not really considered a proper dx. I replied, the outcome is the same,isn't it? I have no active life, I am homebound, and I still deal with doctors that just aren't informed. This didn't have to BE this way...

love you,
Dew

You and I are so similar - we are close in age (I am 48), we were injured around the same time (I was hurt on 11/1/06) and I had 2 surgeries trying to get better (4/07 and 5/08) with horrific PT after each. The differeince is that I hurt my shoulder and you hurt your knee. I likely had RSD after my 1st surgery and my surgeon suspected it because of the continual anesthesia he left in me after the 2nd surgery.

Anyway - I've had lots of trigger point injections, blocks and 3 lidocaine infusions and I don't know that they changed anything for me on a long term basis. My RSD did spread after the trigger points to my neck and my head and I have truly suffered a LOT with severe head pain. Plus I can't lie down or rest on the back of my head. Ever. Not in bed, not in a car, not in a lounge chair to watch TV. It really stinks. I've also had spread lately to my left hip (making sleep almost impossible) and my face, which spasms in the cold windy air when I walk a lot ouside with my dog.

The best treatment so far for me has been meds. When my head hurts horribly I take my meds and try to relax until they kick in.

I have fought a lot to get treatments for myself because I still see myself returning to work early next year. That is why I am currently pursuing ketamine. I don't have approval from WC for it yet. I am not ready to file for SSDI, nor can I afford it. I still have two children to educate and the RI tax burden for families is outrageous - my property taxes alone would likely use up half my check.

The crying spells I so understand, been there, done that. I'm really sorry for your pain - both physical and emotional. When I started to cry a lot last summer I finally found a therapist to talk to and I think it has helped. I think it is great that you have one forever. How about a PT, though? Wouldn't that help also?

Please take care.

XOXOX Sandy

Last edited by SandyRI; 10-14-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (10-14-2009), fmichael (10-15-2009), loretta (10-15-2009)