View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 04:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have tried Cymbalta and felt stoned out of my mind so the doctor told me to stop taking it. I have tried Robaxin 750 mg three times a day, Flexeril 5 mg three times a day, and now Valium 10 mg three times a day. I am on Effexor 75 mg. and I am supposed to double my dose but I want to wait until I get used to the Valium. My personal opinion is that I have PD and not Fibro. The main reason I think that is because my stiffness just hasn't been relieved at all by anything except for PD meds. I took Mirapex for six months because Neuro thought there was a 50% chance I had PD based on cogwheel rigidity and tremor. He didn't think that the medication was helping enough and thought that there was more going on. It is a very long story. If you are interested, I posted a post in the PD forum titled "Hello Again" and you might get a better picture of me if you read it and some of my older posts. The reason that I haven't tried Lyrica is because it tends to increase blood sugar and I am a type one diabetic that lives attached to an insulin pump 24 hours a day. It is hard enough to keep my blood sugar stable without throwing a medication that might make managing my diabetes even more difficult into the mix.

Thanks for your response. :0)

Evonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynpolack View Post
Hi dear,
I started having that problem several months ago when, as I am kind of self diagnosing, developed fibro from a neurological and degenerative disc problem throughout the neck. I am an avid exerciser, and the symptoms arising were extra sweating, uncoordination/wobbling, much soreness the next day/difficulty recovering from the exercise/feeling weak and flu-like afterward. I started Lyrica 4 days ago, 50mg 3x per day, and it seems ALL the nerves and their pathways have really calmed down. It's amazing. Tell me what you are taking or doing medically . . .

Carolyn
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote