View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 05:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When I got my social security determination I just couldn't believe how depressing it was. Here this was what I'd been saying pretty much for years but seeing it in print and knowing it's probably never going to change are two different things.

There should be a great deal more transparency with the insurance companies in what they do cover and what they don't regarding this condition. There should be more transparency with possible courses of action and treatment. There should be more transparency with prognoses right from the get go. People shouldn't be denied treatment because they don't know the situation. They shouldn't be denied treatment bacause workers compensation is set up the way it is.

RSD might frighten the insurance industry but what the hell do they think it's doing to us and our lives.

Maybe if this weren't usiually brushed under the carpet there would be a far better protocol that would result in more good outcomes rather than what we have now. Imagine if most people got treatment in the first few hours of onset!! I have to believe this disease will be licked only when it's accepted as a possible consequence of nearly any traumatic injury.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-14-2009), Dew58 (10-14-2009), SandyRI (10-14-2009)